Roasted Eggplant Hummus
Thoughts and Inspiration: Who doesn’t love them some hummus?! This recipe, along with the next, will feature eggplant. I feel like eggplant is one of those vegetables that people have a love/hate relationship with. I LOVE it. I love it grilled, roasted, sautéed, fried.. basically any way! This recipe is a basic hummus with roasted eggplant pureed together. It is yummy! The eggplant makes the hummus creamier and silkier. Enjoy with vegetables, pita chips, or as a spread on a sandwich.
- 1 medium sized eggplant, roasted
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and washed
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice eggplant lengthwise.
- Gently rub olive oil on the skin side of the eggplant.
- Place eggplant on a baking dish skin side up and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the inside flesh of the eggplant (leaving just the skin behind).
- Add all ingredients into a food processor, including roasted eggplant, and puree until smooth.
- Serve in a bowl with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Use the base recipe and add in your favorite ingredient: Roasted red pepper, Cilantro, Kalamata olives, etc.