Indian Muth Lentil Salad
Thoughts and Inspiration: Happy 2017 everyone! I hope you all had a nice holiday season. It’s a new year and a new start! We all try and make resolutions every year to make ourselves stronger and happier. This year, I’d like to try and continue to keep up with my passion of cooking/blogging. In 2016, I started a new job and wasn’t able to balance posting as consistently as I would have liked. So, here it is… the first post of 2017. A healthy and clean salad with muth lentils. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cooked muth (commonly called mat bean, moth bean, matki, Turkish gram or dew bean) – cook according to instructions
- 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups cabbage, thinly shredded
- A few large cauliflower florets, sliced thin
- 1 Roma tomato, diced fine
- 2 Tbsp red onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- In a pan, sauté minced garlic in extra virgin olive oil on medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Toss in cooked muth and salt to taste. Mix together and turn off heat.
- Mix veggies and fresh herbs together in a large bowl with apple cider vinegar and salt to taste.
- Toss in garlicky muth.
- Serve as a mixed salad or with cabbage/herbs salad on bottom of plate, topped with muth (as shown in picture).
- Thinly sliced kale or shaved brussel sprouts would also be great in this salad.